Blog Post #1 - My Top 5 New Sources

 1. My top news source is probably Instagram. Definitely not a reliable source by any means, but a good jumping off point to doing more research. While I don't actively search for the latest news on a daily basis, I do scroll through Instagram every day. This makes it a good place to catch wind of current events and other things going on that the people I follow care about. If it's something that interests me or something I want to know more about, from there I can use another source to find more accurate, unbiased information. https://www.instagram.com

2. The second place I usually get news from is Twitter. Also not a great place to look for unbiased opinions and facts, but it's similar to Instagram in that it shows me stories and info that I care about. Often there will be links to external sources or information within a tweet, which can provide more accurate information than the tweet itself. Aside from that, it's easy to just scroll through the trending page on Twitter to see what's going on. https://twitter.com


3. If I'm actively looking for current events that I want to know more about, I'll go to HotNewHipHop. HNHH focuses specifically on music, but generally on pop culture as a whole. A lot of the stories are pertaining to my field of study and are things that I want to stay up to date on, and they almost always provide facts and information without bias. https://www.hotnewhiphop.com


4. Google News is another resource that I use pretty regularly. I'm not sure how to link it, but when you click on the search bar in the Google mobil app it brings up a list of the ten most searched results at any given time. These are usually current events and recent developments, and can be especially helpful when following an ongoing story or something of that sort. They are updated constantly and a great place to find a bunch of information on something that's currently happening.


5. I use Apple News occasionally, as they provide top stories from a wide variety of sources and publications, offering a broader view and more diverse opinions on current events.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8 - Diffusion of Innovations: TikTok

Blog Post #2 - The Supreme Court

Blog Post #10 - A.I. and the Future